Capcom respond to negative Resident Evil 6 fan feedback with free update
'Capcom values user feedback on Resident Evil 6 and is working continuously to improve the experience for players.'
Michael Plant is chief editor and writer of gaming ezine and blog GamesCatalyst.com, as well as editor of 'The Independent'’s games review printed in the Saturday supplement 'Information'. Established in February 2011, Games Catalyst endeavours to bring its unique brand of fact and satire to the videogaming community and, in tandem with 'The Independent', hopefully turn a few non-believers on to gaming while we’re at it.
Thursday 25 October 2012
It’s been stated ad nauseum that Resident Evil 6 wasn’t perhaps the Resident Evil that fans eager to hone their survival horror skills once more wanted to see.
Indeed RE6 remained identifiable as a Resident Evil game by way of its name and nonsensical plot only, so far removed from its tense and scary atmosphere has the series become.
That fans are shouting about such change this time around has clearly come as a surprise to Capcom who must have though that RE4 and RE5 – which were themselves moves towards the all-out action approach of RE6 – had paved the way for the almost Gears of War-like gameplay of this latest release. However, the studio has been listening to the criticism, particularly of fans, and has announced an update to the game in a bid to address some of your concerns.
An officially released announcement states ‘Capcom is pleased to announce that, in response to player feedback, a free title update for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Resident Evil 6 will be made available in mid-December.’
The update includes the following additions and improvements:
- Gamers will be able to adjust the camera to give a greater field of view as best suits their play style. Screenshots illustrating the new camera and co-op features can be found on Capcom’s press site. The camera screenshot pairs show the minimum and maximum range of the new camera setting. Please note that this feature is still in development and may change without further notice before the title update is released.
- Subtitle options have been improved so that English language audio can be combined with subtitles in an alternative language.
- As recently announced, Ada Wong’s campaign will be unlocked from the start and have an optional player-controlled co-op partner added. It was previously necessary to complete all three other campaigns in order to unlock Ada’s story.
- “No Hope” difficulty level will be added above the existing levels, for players who want an extreme challenge.
‘Capcom values user feedback on Resident Evil 6 and ResidentEvil.net and is working continuously to improve the experience for players.’
Will this make any difference? Are you likely to plunge back into Tall Oaks now? Let us know.
Life & Style blogs
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
Plus how much you need to earn to rent in London, and new homes figures
Plus where The Apprentices live, house price growth outside London, and househunter numbers
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£240 - £260 per day: Progressive Recruitment: WPF Developer (C#, VB.Net) North...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Windows 7 upgrade UAT Application Testing...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: An experienced Perl Develo...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent benefits package: Progressive Recruitmen...