Games Review: Castle Crashers
Xbox Live Arcade, Microsoft 1200 MSP/£10.20
Saturday 13 September 2008
If you like your virtual warfare a little more lo-fi than Mercenaries 2, check out the charming Castle Crashers (above), a sidescrolling beat-’em-up with hand-drawn backdrops rather than dizzyingly realistic graphics.
Using combat and magic, up to four players can do battle as valiant knights storming castles and torching all that stands in their way. Simple to grasp and packed with funny moments, it might not be the longest game you’ll ever play, but there’s no doubt you’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Java Developer...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Oracle Developer PL/SQL, MYSQL, UNIX, ...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...