Games Review: Castle Crashers
Xbox Live Arcade, Microsoft 1200 MSP/£10.20
Saturday 13 September 2008
If you like your virtual warfare a little more lo-fi than Mercenaries 2, check out the charming Castle Crashers (above), a sidescrolling beat-’em-up with hand-drawn backdrops rather than dizzyingly realistic graphics.
Using combat and magic, up to four players can do battle as valiant knights storming castles and torching all that stands in their way. Simple to grasp and packed with funny moments, it might not be the longest game you’ll ever play, but there’s no doubt you’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£28000 - £34000 per annum + pension, flexitime, healthcare: Deerfoot IT Resour...
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENS: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Penet...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Dynamics CRM D...