Games review: DeathSpank
Friday 23 July 2010
Format Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network
Publisher Electronic Arts
While the dog days of summer are a seriously slow time for AAA releases, they’re when download titles really come into their own. DeathSpank is a case in point. Created by the gaming genius behind Monkey Island, this RPG offers up gags with its gameplay. The combat system lifts it above some of its big-name rivals and at this price, it’s a summer must-have.
Life & Style blogs
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior VMware Platform En...
£32000 per annum + pension, healthcare & 23 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A gro...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Software Application Developer (C# & ASP.Net, SQL S...
£27000 - £33000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End Devel...