Games Review: Home
PlayStation3, Sony, free
Saturday 20 December 2008
The beta version of
Home, Sony’s take on
Second Life, is finally available for civilians to download.
In order to explore the 3-D virtual world, expect some hefty wordload times - each new area you enter takes an age to open - and don’t expect the bowling alleys and boulevards of this brave new world to be overflowing with new friends, because compared with Linden Lab’s exploding population, Home is more of a hamlet, but this should change when the finished version goes live. Everything looks pretty but technical glitches mar the bigger picture.
Life & Style blogs
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...