Games review: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Friday 02 July 2010
£29.99 - £44.99
Format PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS
Publisher Warner Bros.
What is it about Lego that makes everything fun? I hate Harry Potter, but replace Daniel Radcliffe’s head with a sphere of yellow plastic and it’s instantly a hoot. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batmanwere brilliant, but this version is lifted by the addition of spells, which add a nice layer to the familiar action puzzling. Really, the game mechanics aren’t the point here: the joy of the title is the flair it shows in reimaginingHogwarts in studdedbrick form. It’s extremely easy, but also a complete delight, and certainly worth an extra star if you’re 10 years old.
Life & Style blogs
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently seekin...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Infrastructure En...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analy...