Games Review: Pixel Junk Shooter
Friday 18 December 2009
PixelJunk Shooter is a vibrant 2D shoot-’em-up, which challenges the imagination as much as it does your thumb dexterity. As a drop ship tasked with the rescue of trapped scientists, players must navigate subterranean caverns, shoot enemies and avoid incoming missiles all at once; just as well, then, that piloting the craft is a joy. Complicating matters further is the presence of lava, water, explosive gas and magnetic ooze; only by manipulating the relationship between these phenomenon – water solidifying lava for example – can players progress. Another inspired release from PixelJunk that’s well worth downloading.
Life & Style blogs
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£30000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: C# Developer A highly s...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A market leading software...