Games Review: Rock Band 2
Xbox 360, Electronic Arts, £49.99
Saturday 22 November 2008
Rock Band was the first video game to bring the band experience into the lounge. Sure,
Sing Star and
Guitar Hero had been baby steps in the right direction, but
Rock Band brought everything together in a single package.
Now, though, Guitar Hero has fought back with its ensemble piece, so Rock Band 2 is facing a tougher market. This time around players can look forward to a disc stuffed with 84 songs, including tracks from Beck, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac and Nirvana, plus songs from the original title can be imported for a one-off fee. The difficulty ratings have been made more reliable and a handful of new modes added to keep it on track.
Life & Style blogs
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...