Games Reviews: Greed Corp
Friday 23 April 2010
£6.85 (800 Microsoft Points)
Format Xbox Live Arcade
The premise of this download- only turn-based strategy title is that greed is good, and that going to war for a share of natural resources is a-ok. In an intergalactic environment made up of hexagons, players need to mine remorselessly to acquire troops and tools to enable them to triumph over the game’s other two forces. The simple-sounding explanation doesn’t cover the complexity of the tactics involved, nor the sense of delight you’ll get when you finally start getting the hang of things after losing your way through a steep learning curve. A satisfying play for those with patience.
Life & Style blogs
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£75000 - £85000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the largest and fastes...