Games Reviews: Mass Effect 2
Friday 29 January 2010
£34.99 – £49.99
Format PC, Xbox 360
Publisher Electronic Arts
Theoriginal MassEffect was a science fiction RPG of great ambition let down by a hoary plot and an anaemic fight system. MassEffect 2 is nearly perfect. The shoot-outs are thrilling; the story, if inevitably a little B-movieish, is at least as entertaining as your average episode of Star Trek; and the opportunities for free choices and character development genuinely remarkable. You won’t have more compelling fun on your console.
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: Linux Systems Administrator ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL Server Reporting Analyst (Busine...