GTA 5 Online spring DLC updates bring heists, new super car, multiple apartments and 'non-contact' option for races
Capture creator, new jobs and motorbikes also on the way
Rockstar has announced a barrage of new GTA V Online features coming through updates this spring including the highly-anticipated heists, a 'High Life' pack consisting of new guns, cars and motorbikes, the option to own multiple apartments and garages and a racing rule change that will level the field.
Here's what you'll get in the High Life Update:
- Bullpup Rifle
- New wardrobe items
- Dinka Thrust motorcycle
- Three new lavish cars including the Super class Pegassi Zentorn
- Multi-property ownership (meaning you'll be able to store a lot more vehicles)
- New jobs The "powerful" Bullpup rifle arrives in Ammu-Nation soon (Picture: Rockstar)
Having previously kept quiet on their arrival date, Rockstar has now confirmed heists will arrive "this spring", allowing players to "team up with their most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit."
The creator mode expands to include Capture jobs, letting players "strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables" to create jobs for others to take on. A new super car comes in the form of the Pegassi Zentorn (Picture: Rockstar)
Tweaks addressing feedback from the GTA community:
- A 'Mental State' player statistic - designed to let players see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in their session really are, and a slew of new Jobs.
- 'Non-Contact' option for races - This will allow you to play standard races with collisions disabled between player vehicles.
According to Rockstar, "Other players will appear as semi-transparent, you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode - for those who want to play it - will eliminate the "rubbing is racing" mentality that some wish to avoid."
This follows the option to turn off catch-up and slip-streaming and should make the playing field completely level.
- New call Lester option that will see him throw the cops off your trailer for a fee.
- Bonus RP for players who leave feeback (likes or dislikes) on jobs, races etc.
- Increased GTA$ payouts for Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- And finally, if you cheated with your RP count, you're going to pay...
Rockstar: "As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction."
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£30 per hour: Ashdown Group: An industry leading and well established business...
£20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...