GTA 5 Online spring DLC updates bring heists, new super car, multiple apartments and 'non-contact' option for races
Capture creator, new jobs and motorbikes also on the way
Rockstar has announced a barrage of new GTA V Online features coming through updates this spring including the highly-anticipated heists, a 'High Life' pack consisting of new guns, cars and motorbikes, the option to own multiple apartments and garages and a racing rule change that will level the field.
Here's what you'll get in the High Life Update:
- Bullpup Rifle
- New wardrobe items
- Dinka Thrust motorcycle
- Three new lavish cars including the Super class Pegassi Zentorn
- Multi-property ownership (meaning you'll be able to store a lot more vehicles)
- New jobs The "powerful" Bullpup rifle arrives in Ammu-Nation soon (Picture: Rockstar)
Having previously kept quiet on their arrival date, Rockstar has now confirmed heists will arrive "this spring", allowing players to "team up with their most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit."
The creator mode expands to include Capture jobs, letting players "strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables" to create jobs for others to take on. A new super car comes in the form of the Pegassi Zentorn (Picture: Rockstar)
Tweaks addressing feedback from the GTA community:
- A 'Mental State' player statistic - designed to let players see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in their session really are, and a slew of new Jobs.
- 'Non-Contact' option for races - This will allow you to play standard races with collisions disabled between player vehicles.
According to Rockstar, "Other players will appear as semi-transparent, you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode - for those who want to play it - will eliminate the "rubbing is racing" mentality that some wish to avoid."
This follows the option to turn off catch-up and slip-streaming and should make the playing field completely level.
- New call Lester option that will see him throw the cops off your trailer for a fee.
- Bonus RP for players who leave feeback (likes or dislikes) on jobs, races etc.
- Increased GTA$ payouts for Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- And finally, if you cheated with your RP count, you're going to pay...
Rockstar: "As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction."
Life & Style blogs
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Full Stack ...
£35000 - £43000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...