Is Nintendo getting
ready to rumble?
Friday 26 February 2010
WhenNintendo launched a chunk of grey plastic in 1997, the gaming world changed forever.
True, the Rumble Pak wasn’t pretty, but it added some arcade rough-and-tumble to the N64. More than 10 years later, it seems that the games giant could be getting ready to rumble again. This week an old Nintendo patent was apparently updated to include a rumble-feedback feature for a handheld device. So will the DS 2.0 be filled with good vibrations? Only time will tell.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A long-established, technology rich ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing experience-led technology co...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has now arisen for a Sale...