'Gears of War 3' set for September 20
Thursday 24 February 2011
The third and final part to popular Xbox 360 franchise
Gears of War is now due September 20, publisher Microsoft Game Studios has confirmed.
The company calls it "2011's most highly anticipated game," making clear its intentions to compete on an even footing with heavyweights such as RAGE, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, The Last Guardian, and the anticiapted new entry to Call of Duty's blockbuster franchise.
Early builds of the game have gone down well at fan conventions, leaving many eager for more.
Gears of War 3 will have an online beta testing phase open to Xbox 360 players who purchase Bulletstorm's Epic Edition, with the development team at Epic Games to announce other ways to get in on the beta test action in due course.
Life & Style blogs
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate BI Consultant (B...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager (Product Ma...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Cloud Product and Solutions Marketin...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...