Global gaming videos: 'League of Legends' Cataclysm, high-speed Mario, 'Warcraft 3'
Wednesday 09 March 2011
Among the most viewed gaming videos for the week ending March 9,
League of Legends profiles its own form of Cataclysm, a modified
Super Mario World imparts more high-speed shenanigans, and the latest batch of
Warcraft III matches are replayed.
On YouTube, free-to-play League of Legends introduces its newest paid-for character, Jarvin IV. One of his special moves is named Cataclysm - a cheeky sideswipe at World of Warcraft.
The ever-affable SeaNanners proposes a new mini-series to chart his progress through to the Black Ops grading system, and PC game Magicka parodies Bad Company 2: Vietnam with an expansion pack of its own.
Japanese video site Nicovideo has a sped-up Super Mario World and a sniggering demonstration of Super Street Fighter IV 3DS's super-easy special moves high in the weekly chart.
The top three at China's Tudou is comprised of Warcraft III replays: recent matches and a best of 2010.
YouTube's most watched gaming videos of the week (all-time views)
1) League of Legends - Jarvan IV Champion (1,252,892)
2) Black Ops: Don't Call it a Comeback! (782,007)
3) GDC 2011: Magicka: Vietnam Announcement Trailer (585,597)
Nicovideo's most watched gaming videos of the week (requires free registration)
1) Super Mario World hi-speed playthrough (288,205)
2) I made an action game! (277,893)
3) Super Street Fighter IV 3DS: Cheating with Guile (348,481)
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Review: Mike Leigh's biopic is a rambling, rich character study
Want to ward off (or welcome) trick-or-treaters? Here's how
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this step-by-step tutorial
Five year old British boy becomes youngest ever qualified computer specialist
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
Woman successfully sues Google for showing her with 'part of her breast exposed' on Street View
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
25-30k + Comms + Benefits: Sphere Digital Recruitment: A rapidly expanding tag...