Google says over 30 million people using Google Apps
Tuesday 21 September 2010
Google said Monday that more than 30 million people are using Google Apps, as the company unveiled enhanced security features for the Web-based suite of office tools.
"As of today, more than three million businesses have gone Google, and over 30 million users within businesses, schools and organizations now depend on our messaging and collaboration tools," Google said in a blog post.
Google Apps include products or services such as Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs and are seen as the Mountain View, California company's challenge to Microsoft's popular Office software.
Google said it was enhancing the security of Google Apps, which are hosted on the Web instead of on a user's personal computer and accessed through a browser, with a new secure sign-in capability called "two-step verification."
With two-step verification, a user enters a password and a verification code is then sent to their mobile device.
"This makes it much more likely that you're the only one accessing your data: even if someone has stolen your password, they'll need more than that to access your account," Google said.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£400 - £450 per day: Harrington Starr: Technical Architect - .NET Consultant ....
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Winfo...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior C...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...