Google+ to launch verified accounts: report
Tuesday 19 July 2011
Twitter-style verified accounts could be coming to Google+, according to a July 19 report by news site CNN.
Verified accounts, such as those used byTwitter, ensure that the account belongs to the figure it claims to, thereby preventing impersonations.
Google's new and currently invite-only social network, Google+, could soon introduce similar accounts as part of a "celebrity acquisition plan," according to a July 19 report on CNN.com, which reached this conclusion after apparently reviewing emails from the software giant.
Read the full CNN report at: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social.media/07/19/google.verify/index.html
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...