Google unveils Internet television platform
Thursday 20 May 2010
Google on Thursday unveiled a television platform that it touts as blending the best of the Internet and television.
"Google TV is a new platform that we believe will change the future of television," Google group product manager Rishi Chandra said while demonstrating the innovation at a developers conference in San Francisco.
The Google TV technology based on the California Internet giant's Android software "combines the best of what TV has to offer and the best of what the Web has to offer," according to Chandra.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP SD OTC Consultant | 12 Months | 500/...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + substantial benefits: Ashdown Group: Business Syst...
£300 - £301 per day + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: The successful can...