'Halo Anniversary' adds exploding enemies
Tuesday 19 July 2011
The 10th anniversary edition of
Halo: Combat Evolved will include an explosive Grunt Funeral bonus for those that pre-order.
The grunts are among Halo's most basic enemy types - short, stocky humanoids that breathe methane to survive.
Activating the Grunt Funeral feature turns each grunt's methane tank into an explosive hazard, with chain reactions just waiting to happen.
Also playing on Halo's nostalgia factor is a pre-order bonus allowing players to outfit their Xbox Live avatar in Master Chief's suit of armor.
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary launches for the Xbox 360 on November 15, using a budget price of $40 (£35/€40) to up its chances during the industry's busiest period.
It comes out soon after games like Forza Motorsport 4, Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City and Modern Warfare 3, and on the same day as Assasin's Creed: Revelations and Saints Row: The Third.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...