Justin Bieber Chrome theme and video drive Twitter fans
On June 28 Google Chrome launched a video featuring Justin Bieber, followed by a Chrome theme bearing the likeness of the young pop star on June 29. Since these launches, the brand has gained nearly 10,000 new Twitter followers.
The video Google Chrome: Justin Bieber features the young Canadian heartthrob tracking his rise to fame using Google Chrome tools; since being uploaded on June 28 the video has been watched over 100,000 times.
A link below the video takes viewers to a Chrome theme featuring Justin Bieber in profile wearing a silver jacket and microphone headset; the theme was released June 29.
Themes are backgrounds for the browser; other examples of themes include "Mariah Carey," "Vivienne Westwood" and "Porsche."
The launch of the video and the site were broadcast via the Twitter account of Google Chrome (@googlechrome) with the hashtag #thewebiswhatyoumakeofit.
Data from social media monitoring site Fanpagelist shows that since June 28 the number of Twitter fans of Google Chrome has increased by 10,684, making it one of the brands with the biggest daily increase in followers as of 4pm GMT June 30.
While Google also began launching its social networking service Google+ on June 28, this was announced on Twitter via the official Google account ( @google) and though re-tweeted on the Chrome account was more likely to have driven traffic to the original source.
Chrome themes can be downloaded by users at: https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/themes/index.html
As of Thursday, June 30, the ten biggest product brands on Twitter in terms of "followers today," according to fanpagelist.com, were:
01. Ubersocial (social networking application)
03. Add This (social networking application)
04. Google Chrome
05. Tweet Deck (Twitter application)
06. Tinychat (video chat
07. iTunes trailers
08. Mozilla Firefox
10. Twitcam (Twitter video streaming service)
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best new smartphones
End the scepticism! Environment Secretary Owen Paterson urges UK to adopt use of GM crop technology
Uncooked curry leaves caused mass outbreak of salmonella in Newcastle, say health officials
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
Study claims ‘inner peace’ can help pupils to cope with exams
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants blood after last season's trauma - and it won't stop with managing director Derek Llambias
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: C++ Python Developer - Banking - London - Up to £...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£40000 - £47000 per annum + BENEFITS : Progressive Recruitment: Sap Consultant...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: SAP PP functional consulta...