Kevin Butler returns for PlayStation ad campaign
If you didn't know about the PlayStation 3's recent price cut, the fictional and corporate suit Kevin Butler is here to make sure you do.
"I'm not coming back to the gaming industry to sell some watered-down, get Grandma off the couch weaksauce," deadpans Butler, introducing a montage of year-end games.
"Long live the kind of play that turns five more minutes into five more hours, and long live owning a TV that's worth more than your car."
There's also a little cameo from genuine company president Jack Tretton.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and Madden NFL 12 are chosen to emphasize the PS3's feature set of "3D, HD, and access to online for free."
Sony used its August 17 presentation at Gamescom to announce a home console price drop of $50 to $249 (€249 and ¥24,980) for a 160GB capacity machine.
The price point puts it between Microsoft's basic 4GB Xbox 360 console ($199) and the two $299 offerings - a 250GB Xbox 360 or a 4GB 360 with the hands-free Kinect controller.
Watch PlayStation's Long Live Play advert: viddler.com/sceablog/videos/2093/
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Risk Manager - Birmingham - £350-...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Connex Education: Connex Education are l...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Lead Solutions Architect - Edinburgh - Bank - Up ...