Macho Man dies, Jon Stewart goes head to head with Bill O’Reilly: top Diggs
Tuesday 24 May 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on May 24.
1. Macho Man Randy Savage Dies In Car Accident
Professional WWF wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage has died after suffering a heart attack while behind the wheel of his car, reports TMZ.
2. Jon Stewart to Bill O’Reilly: Fox News is a 'selective outrage machine'
A video of The Daily Show host Jon Stewart speaking with American TV host Bill O’Reilly about rapper Common and his visit to the White House.
3. About That Whole Rapture Thing Yesterday
A photo of a billboard that reads "That was awkward. 'No one knows the day or the hour...' Matthew 24:36."
4. Teen challenges Michele Bachmann to intellectual debate
Sixteen-year-old high school sophomore Amy Myers is challenging American congresswoman Michele Bachmann to a debate after becoming frustrated with the politician’s "ceaseless stream of gaffes and inaccurate statements."
5. Netflix Now The Largest Single Source of Internet Traffic In North America
A new report has found video streaming service Netflix is now the single largest source of downstream internet traffic in the US.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Microsoft Gold partner, our c...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Internal Sales Executive ...
£15 per hour: Ashdown Group: IT Analyst / Helpdesk - 2 Month Contract - £15ph ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This group is the world's secon...