NASA says: send your face to space
Saturday 12 June 2010
For those who don't have millions to pay to become a space tourist, NASA has rolled out a quirky souvenir that lets you to send your face (your picture and name, that is) blasting into space.
To catch a ride (almost) on a rocket, all you have to do is head to faceinspace.nasa.gov, upload your photo and choose which of the last two shuttle missions will carry around what is sure to become a memorable little memento once it is back on Earth.
Only two scheduled shuttle flights are left, so act now, as they say.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Web Designer is required to join a f...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: IT Support Technician is requir...