New MacBook Air to hit market this month: report
Tuesday 14 June 2011
The latest model of Apple's ultra-light MacBook Air is scheduled to hit the market by the end of this month, media in the computer manufacturing hub of Taiwan reported Tuesday.
The first shipment of the next-generation MacBook Air - the thinnest line of Apple's notebook computers, shorn of a hard drive and disc player - will be 380,000 units, the Taipei-based Economic Daily News said.
An 11.6-inch model will account for 55 percent of the units in the first batch, and a 13.3-inch model the rest, according to the paper.
It said that about 90 percent of MacBook Airs would be assembled by Taiwan's Quanta Computer, a leading contract computer manufacturer.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...