CBS and Walt Disney 'may join US Apple TV venture'
Wednesday 23 December 2009
Apple's plan of offering television subscription via the Internet might receive a boost with US media companies CBS and Walt Disney's probable participation in the venture, the Wall Street Journal reported yesterday.
The planned subscription service by Apple may offer television shows from major networks for a monthly fee, which could significantly alter the television business, the paper said, citing people familiar with the matter.
Apple is aiming to complete licensing deals and expects to introduce the subscription service in 2010, the paper said.
The video strategy is part of Apple's plan to overhaul its iTunes store, which sells downloadable music, video and games, the paper said.
Apple, CBS Corp and Disney were not available for comment.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £42000 per annum + excellent company benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group:...
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 2nd Line Support T...
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Email Campaign Exe...
£450 - £500 Per Day Flexible: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: EC1N 400-500/da...