Current fastest growing Facebook games: 'Medical Mayhem', 'Fish Isle', 'Band of Heroes'
Thursday 03 December 2009
The current chart of fastest growing Facebook games: Doctors and nurses cause
Fish Isle does well but has a long way to go to catch up with
Band of Heroes establishes itself as a Facebook favorite.
Medical Mayhem is, like many other Facebook games, essentially a resource management game. Café World, FarmVille, and Zoo World all do it to a greater or lesser extent, but Medical Mayhem is gathering pace with a new take on the genre - it's hospital management with a sense of humor and gameplay mechanics that encourage players to enjoy the chaotic ride rather than try to create a perfectly ordered virtual world.
Fish Isle is, remarkably, Igg Inc.'s only Facebook application and joins other popular virtual aquarium games such as Happy Aquarium (27 million monthly active users) and FishVille (22 million). Still, going from 0 to 2 million active users around the world in under 20 days is not to be sneezed at, especially considering that Igg doesn't wield the corporate might of Crowdstar and Zynga respectively, and the younger game's growth rate has remained steady over that time as well.
Band of Heroes comes from company LOLapps, who preside over several other Facebook applications including the games Diva Life at number 8 and video game tie-in Champions Online, lurking outside the Top 10 at number 12. Though today sporting a healthy 6.4% growth rate, the World War II-themed role-playing game has in fact doubled its monthly active user count since Friday, November 27 by means of an admirable growth spurt over the weekend.
1. FishVille (22,386,441 = +577,742 / 2.6%)
2. Happy Pets (6,219,406 = +452,067 / 7.3%)
3. FarmVille (69,502,265 = +226,759 / 0.3%)
4. Zoo World (3,667,134 = +170,727 / 4.7%)
5. Fish Isle (2,197,206 = +156,342 / 7.1%)
6. Country Life (3,056,182 = +135,714 / 4.4%)
7. Café World (30,996,350 = +121,874 / 0.4%)
8. Diva Life (2,978,737 = +116,990 / 3.9%)
9. Medical Mayhem (1,033,709 = +107,376 / 10.4%)
10. Band of Heroes (1,661,401 = +106,622 / 6.4%)
Numbers in brackets relate to total monthly users, the increase in monthly users, and the daily percentage growth.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Much-loved cartoon character returns - without Sir David Jason
Actress to appear in second series of the hugely popular crime drama
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: 6 reasons you might want to hold off updating
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Scottish independence: Andy Murray backs Yes campaign in eleventh hour decision
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Cloud Product and Solutions Marketin...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
£45000 - £55000 Per Annum 31 days holiday, pension, healthcare, annual bonus: ...