Current fastest growing Facebook games: 'Medical Mayhem', 'Fish Isle', 'Band of Heroes'
Thursday 03 December 2009
The current chart of fastest growing Facebook games: Doctors and nurses cause
Fish Isle does well but has a long way to go to catch up with
Band of Heroes establishes itself as a Facebook favorite.
Medical Mayhem is, like many other Facebook games, essentially a resource management game. Café World, FarmVille, and Zoo World all do it to a greater or lesser extent, but Medical Mayhem is gathering pace with a new take on the genre - it's hospital management with a sense of humor and gameplay mechanics that encourage players to enjoy the chaotic ride rather than try to create a perfectly ordered virtual world.
Fish Isle is, remarkably, Igg Inc.'s only Facebook application and joins other popular virtual aquarium games such as Happy Aquarium (27 million monthly active users) and FishVille (22 million). Still, going from 0 to 2 million active users around the world in under 20 days is not to be sneezed at, especially considering that Igg doesn't wield the corporate might of Crowdstar and Zynga respectively, and the younger game's growth rate has remained steady over that time as well.
Band of Heroes comes from company LOLapps, who preside over several other Facebook applications including the games Diva Life at number 8 and video game tie-in Champions Online, lurking outside the Top 10 at number 12. Though today sporting a healthy 6.4% growth rate, the World War II-themed role-playing game has in fact doubled its monthly active user count since Friday, November 27 by means of an admirable growth spurt over the weekend.
1. FishVille (22,386,441 = +577,742 / 2.6%)
2. Happy Pets (6,219,406 = +452,067 / 7.3%)
3. FarmVille (69,502,265 = +226,759 / 0.3%)
4. Zoo World (3,667,134 = +170,727 / 4.7%)
5. Fish Isle (2,197,206 = +156,342 / 7.1%)
6. Country Life (3,056,182 = +135,714 / 4.4%)
7. Café World (30,996,350 = +121,874 / 0.4%)
8. Diva Life (2,978,737 = +116,990 / 3.9%)
9. Medical Mayhem (1,033,709 = +107,376 / 10.4%)
10. Band of Heroes (1,661,401 = +106,622 / 6.4%)
Numbers in brackets relate to total monthly users, the increase in monthly users, and the daily percentage growth.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Web Developer/Designer - WordPress, PHP, HTML...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global 3D visualisation compa...
£28000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL Developer - Derbyshire, commutab...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL Developer - 12 Month Fixed Term ...