Fastest growing Facebook games of the week ending January 22: Zoo World, Tiki Farm, and Happy Island carry on strongly, new game Wild Ones apes a winning formula, and some relatively unknown games attract interest with their specifically targeted users.
The members of this week's top 3 are identical to the previous week, the only difference being that Zoo World and Happy Island have swapped places in #1 and #3 respectively, while Tiki Farm remains wedged in at #2.
Change is afoot at #4 though, as last week's #8 Wild Ones shoots up, as near on 650,000 more players try out this new game from Playdom as compared to last week's 370,000 newcomers. Playdom are the company behind Tiki Farm, and Wild Ones is already another hit for them.
It's not a farming game, fish game, or restaurant / city simulator, though its originality shouldn't preclude it from greatness. Looking and playing very similarly to the series of Worms games that have been a big hit on PCs and consoles for the last 16 years, its another fun action game that's fast gaining a foothold.
Gameplay takes place in a simple, destructible, 2D sand pit as Facebook users set up and control little beasts that come equipped with grenades, rockets, and other weapons. Player interest has only really taken off since January 9 but since then it has become a regular attraction for 1 million additional users.
Interest in the Dante's Inferno video game Facebook application appears to have dropped off completely since January 15. A presence in the chart for the previous three weeks and up until now an example of cross-platform game marketing done right, it's vanished from sight. Perhaps Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners are instead pummeling the game's demo prior to release in a few weeks' time.
In the lower reaches of the chart, Turkish language city management game Sanalika gathers pace, and its developers Oyun also have another, self-named application snuggled up adjacent. DRIVe Around The World is a promotional game from Volvo, to highlight the low fuel consumption of one of its new vehicles, and Ninja Saga creeps into the chart with a slow but steady growth pattern.
The Facebook games with the biggest increases in monthly active users on January 22 at 16:00 GMT are:
01. Zoo World (14,194,098 = +1,770,543 / 12.5%)
02. Tiki Farm (5,354,272 = +998,586 / 18.7%)
03. Happy Island (9,526,678 = +974,131 / 10.2%)
04. Wild Ones (1,431,597 = +642,631 / 44.9%)
05. Mafia Wars (23,483,919 = +623,085 / 2.7%)
06. FarmVille (74,256,278 = +523,457 / 0.7%)
07. Texas HoldEm Poker (24,492,835 = +514,104 / 2.1%)
08. Country Life (7,449,820 = +386,401 / 5.2%)
09. Island Paradise (7,036,714 = +365,454 / 5.2%)
10. My Town (1,010,311 = +337,337 / 33.4%)
11. ???? (708,918 = +281,729 / 39.7%)
12. Garden World (1,111,004 = +275,787 / 24.8%)
13. MindJolt Games (15,620,998 = +232,032 / 1.5%)
14. ???? (526,650 = +226,743 / 43.1%)
15. Band of Heroes (742,508 = +123,090 / 16.9%)
16. Café World (30,067,969 = +113,074 / 0.4%)
17. Sanalika (214,568 = +112,170 / 52.3%)
18. Oyun (175,425 = +102,549 / 58.5%)
19. DRIVe Around The World (303,282 = +97,256 / 32.1%)
20. Ninja Saga (2,198,025 = +85,666 / 3.9%)
Numbers in brackets relate to total monthly users, the increase in monthly users, and the weekly percentage growth.