Facebook alters privacy settings
Wednesday 24 August 2011
Facebook has unveiled major changes to its privacy controls so users can determine more easily what to show on their profile pages.
Items posted online will have their own drop-down menu so users can select who can view it. Users will also be able to deal with posts in which they are tagged by removing the tag, by asking the person who tagged them to remove it, or by blocking the tagger.
The social-networking site has previously come under fire for its privacy settings, with critics saying the system was too complicated.
The changes will go live tomorrow and users will be prompted to take a tour from their homepage to guide them through the new features.
Life & Style blogs
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...