Facebook has a billion friends
Friday 05 October 2012
Facebook now has one billion users, the equivalent of about one in seven of the world's population, its founder announced yesterday.
Mark Zuckerberg welcomed the "amazing, humbling" milestone, which has come in a year that has seen the social network float on the stock market to a mixed reaction.
More than $50bn (£31bn) has been lopped off Facebook's market value since the launch in May.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
- 5 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: Heartbreaking photos show home fans reacting to humiliating defeat
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Mobile App/IOS...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front End Deve...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Web App Dev...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: BI Developer/A...