Fast-mover Kinect breaks record
Friday 11 March 2011
The Microsoft Kinect has overtaken the iPhone and iPad to become the fastest selling consumer electronics device on record.
The Kinect, a motion-sensing system that allows people to play games by using gestures and spoken commands, has sold more than 10 million units since its November launch. During its first two months an average of 133,333 were sold each day, earning it a place in Guinness World Records. In contrast, 120,000 iPhone 4s and 50,000 iPads were sold per day in their first 60 days.
Life & Style blogs
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Junior IT Support Technician ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This distributor and wholesaler...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, 25days hol, PHC +: Ashdown Group: ...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful candidate will h...