Fast-mover Kinect breaks record
Friday 11 March 2011
The Microsoft Kinect has overtaken the iPhone and iPad to become the fastest selling consumer electronics device on record.
The Kinect, a motion-sensing system that allows people to play games by using gestures and spoken commands, has sold more than 10 million units since its November launch. During its first two months an average of 133,333 were sold each day, earning it a place in Guinness World Records. In contrast, 120,000 iPhone 4s and 50,000 iPads were sold per day in their first 60 days.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP SD OTC Consultant | 12 Months | 500/...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + substantial benefits: Ashdown Group: Business Syst...
£300 - £301 per day + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: The successful can...