Google CEO to stay on Apple board despite antitrust inquiry
Friday 08 May 2009
Google CEO Eric Schmidt says he doesn't plan to resign from Apple's board despite a government inquiry into whether the ties between the two companies violate antitrust law.
Schmidt made his remarks in response to questions posed by reporters before Google's annual meeting.
A Google lawyer confirmed recently published reports that the Federal Trade Commission is looking into whether the company's overlapping board relationships with Apple will discourage future competition.
Both Schmidt and former Genentech CEO Arthur Levinson are directors at Google and Apple. The companies compete in mobile phones, web browsers and some internet services such as digital picture management.
Schmidt said he doesn't regard Apple as a "primary competitor."
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£19000 - £24000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have be...
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are cur...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Manager - Near...