Google shows off speedy 'Caffeine' search engine
Wednesday 12 August 2009
Google has lifted the lid on a new version of its search engine, allowing users to look at the results it will generate.
The new engine, available at a separate address, looks the same as the current one but ranks results differently, which could affect businesses that rely on Google results to drive traffic.
In a blog posting, Google says the new engine, code-named Caffeine, will be faster, more accurate and more comprehensive.
The public testing of the new engine comes two weeks after Microsoft struck a deal to replace Yahoo's search engine, with its own Google competitor, called Bing.
Yahoo Search and Bing are the second and thirdA most popular engines after Google.
Life & Style blogs
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 5 month Fixed Term Contract - Telecommunicati...
£26000 per annum + 25 days holiday & further benefits: Ashdown Group: Telecomm...