Apple has described the new iPhone 5S as the “most forward-thinking smartphone in the world”.
The device's features include:
* An 8-megapixel camera.
* Touch ID, allowing users to unlock their phone with the touch of a finger.
* A 64-bit A7 chip which is said to be twice as fast as the iPhone 5.
* A new slow-motion video and FaceTime HD camera.
* Support for up to 13 LTE (Long Term Evolution) wireless bands and download speeds up to 100 Mbps.
* Ten hours of talk time on 3G networks, up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi and LTE networks, up to eight hours on 3G networks, 10 hours of video playback and up to 40 hours of audio playback.
* iTunes Radio, a free internet radio service based on the music users' listen to on iTunes.
The iPhone 5S comes in three colours - gold, silver and "space grey" - and has a retail price of £549 for the 16GB model, £629 for the 32GB and £709 for the 64GB. It will be available in the UK on Friday September 20.