Photography: The Ayatollah of Instagram
He may have a penchant for unusual headwear and wire-rimmed specs but it's still a surprise to find the Grand Ayatollah Khamenei staring out at you on Instagram).
The Supreme Leader, 73, isn't exactly apostolic in his fondness for social media. Maybe by joining the photo-sharing site he's just trying to imitate Barack Obama, then, who joined it in March. If so, he has a long walk ahead of him.
The Ayatollah's pictures form a rather uninspiring tableau: we have him praying on one, and glad-handing on the other three, and the lighting's off on them all. So far, they have drawn 48 "likes" apiece. Obama's last picture drew 33,574.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£380 - £410 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: Agile Business Analyst with expe...
£70000 - £80000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Solutions Architec...
£30000 - £36000 per annum: PCR Recruitment Limited: We are looking for an inno...