Potter moves online (official)
Friday 24 June 2011
Harry Potter author JK Rowling unveiled her latest project yesterday, Pottermore, an interactive website aimed at encouraging reading among young people.
The project had a false start earlier this week after details of the PR strategy surrounding yesterday's launch were accidentally leaked, prompting a host of media stories and a mass of speculation.
Rowling said she was hoping to bring her books to the "digital generation", as well as "give something back to the fans that have followed Harry so devotedly over the years". The project will be available to use in October. The author will also sell ebooks via the site.
Life & Style blogs
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall
- 1 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 2 Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
- 3 Ralkina Jones: 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This business has an industry r...
£42000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is looking for a C# ...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: IT Support Technician with expe...
£45000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Ambitious, entrepreneurial busi...