Snake slithers down the iPhone apps chart
Wednesday 07 March 2012
A simple puzzle game remains at the top of the charts for free iPhone apps this week.
Move The Box requires players to shift cartoon boxes around a shipyard setting, placing three of each type of box in a row to make them disappear. The objective is to match all the different types of boxes on each level to "clear the dock".
The app, developed by Bitchin Games, is described as "a logic puzzle" and has proved popular enough to knock the timeless mobile favourite Snake down to number eight.
Social networking tool WhatsApp Messenger, which allows free messaging across different types of smartphone, clung to the top of the iPhone paid-for app chart.
The iPad paid-for app chart still has retro games simulator Midway Arcade at the top
While CloudOn, an app that allows users to access Microsoft Office on their iPads, is still top of the free app chart.
The App Store Official UK Charts - Week 9:
1. WhatsApp Messenger - WhatsApp Inc.
2. Evi - True Knowledge.
3. Bejeweled - PopCap.
4. The Night Sky - iCandi Apps.
5. Angry Birds - ClickGamer.com.
6. Fruit Ninja - Halfbrick Studios.
7. Keep Calm and Carry On - Back Bay Bytes LLC.
8. The Lost City - Fire Maple Games.
9. Draw Something by OMGPOP - OMGPOP.
10. Fingerprint Protection Scanner - Mike Leclerc.
1. Move The Box - Bitchin' Games.
2. DOOORS - room escape game - 58works.
3. Draw Something Free - OMGPOP.
4. Virtual Table Tennis 2: Online Match - SenseDevil Games.
5. Temple Run - Imangi Studios, LLC.
6. PowerCam - Wondershare Software Co, Ltd.
7. Gumtree - Gumtree.com.
8. Little Rockets - FARCOM.
9. OLD BOOTH MAGIC - AGING FACE - Paycity Ltd.1
0. Plastilinica - Devmen.
1. Midway Arcade - Warner Bros.
2. Fancy Pants - Chillingo Ltd.
3. Adobe Photoshop Touch - Adobe Systems Incorporated.
4. The Night Sky - iCandi Apps.
5. Bejeweled - PopCap.
6. Pages - Apple.
7. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Warner Bros.
8. Where's My Water - Disney.
9. iBomber Defense Pacific - Chillingo Ltd.
10. Brushes - iPad Edition - Taptrix, Inc.
1. CloudOn - CloudOn, Inc.
2. Age of Pinballs - ASK Homework.
3. Cut The Rope Experiments HD Free - ZeptoLab UK Limited.
4. Temple Run - Imangi Studios , LLC.
5. Hidden Objects: Gardens of Time - Disney.
6. Police Chase Smash - Fun Time Games.
7. Skype for iPad - Skype Software Sarl.
8. 4oD Catch Up - Channel 4.
9. ThreeColor HD - Fresh Factory.
10. Jet Ball HD - codefreeze.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...