2009 has been a bumper year for technology and gadget releases with the introduction of the Android platform, new digital camera technologies and a long list of gadgets that supersede their predecessors.
Popular Science magazine published a list of the top 100 new product releases on their online portal, PopSci.com, on November 12.
The winner for this year's gadget section was Canon's EOS 5D Mark II camera - the first digital camera capable of shooting full high-definition video.
Google's Android mobile operating system, Motorola's Endeavor HX1 Bluetooth headset and Sennheiser's HD800 headphones were among the other products that made it onto the Popular Science "Best of What's New: Gadgets" list for 2009.
Popular Science's "Best of What's New" list for 2009:
1. Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera
2. Powergenix 1.6-Volt Nickel-Zinc AA rechargeable battery
3. Panasonic Lumix GF1 camera
4. Android mobile OS
5. Sony HDR-XR520V camcorder
6. Motorola Endeavor HX1 Bluetooth headset
7. Microsoft Zune HD music player
8. Palm Pre smartphone
9. Sennheiser HD800 headphones
10. Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 camera
11. Nikon Coolpix S100PJ camera
For more information on each of the products listed visit: http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/category/gadgetsReuse content