Thousands of computers at risk of losing internet access
Friday 06 July 2012
Thousands of people may lose internet service on Monday unless they check their computers for malware that could have taken over their machines a year ago.
The number of infected computers is probably more than 277,000 worldwide. People with infected computers will have to call their service providers for help deleting the malware.
The problem was caused by international hackers who took control of 570,000 computers before the FBI broke up the operation. People can see if their computers are infected at www.dcwg.org.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...