Thousands of computers at risk of losing internet access
Friday 06 July 2012
Thousands of people may lose internet service on Monday unless they check their computers for malware that could have taken over their machines a year ago.
The number of infected computers is probably more than 277,000 worldwide. People with infected computers will have to call their service providers for help deleting the malware.
The problem was caused by international hackers who took control of 570,000 computers before the FBI broke up the operation. People can see if their computers are infected at www.dcwg.org.
Life & Style blogs
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £22000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Resourcer Reports...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...
£55000 - £62000 per annum + outstanding benefits and bonus: Pro-Recruitment Gr...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SharePoi...