To make stop and search fairer, get your phone out
Want to air your grievances about being stopped and searched by the police? There's an app for that.
Stop and Search UK has been created by three developers from south London as a way of recording the activity and giving advice to users.
"Police use stop and search powers to prevent crime in the community," reads the blurb on the BlackBerry website. "This independent app aims to make stop and search fair and transparent."
Those who have been stopped and searched are asked to anonymously upload location details, experiences and police badge numbers, which will then be put on the website stopand search.org. Users can also see similar activity happening in their area as well as read about their rights in case they experience it.
The app is available on BlackBerry devices, the users of which have history with police tactics, after the product's messaging system was blamed for helping to fuel last summer's riots.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best sports sunglasses
Apps: A poke in the eye for social-network friends
Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
'NHS watchdog is not fit for purpose': Report reveals CQC covered up scandal at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust where eight babies died of neglect
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£40000 - £47000 per annum + BENEFITS : Progressive Recruitment: Sap Consultant...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: SAP PP functional consulta...
Negotiable: Orgtel: Change Manager, Hampshire, Telecomms, SC Cleared, £200 per...