Topping this week's Japanese 10 best-selling video games is the latest Kingdom Hearts game, a series that mixes characters from Disney cartoons with the Final Fantasy video games, which stays at number one after its debut there last week. New Super Mario Bros. Wii also sticks in second place, shifting 3 million copies since its December release.
New into the top 10 this week are Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles for the Wii, Tekken 6 on PSP, both of which were already out in North America and Europe. Japan however gets the first go on Last Window, a sequel to acclaimed DS adventure game Hotel Dusk.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP): 177,000 sales (623,000 total)
2) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii): 139,000 (3,006,000)
3) Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii): 73,000 (73,000)
4) Friend Collection (DS): 55,000 (2,651,000)
5) Wii Fit Plus (Wii): 42,000 (1,516,000)
6) Tekken 6 (PSP): 25,000 (25,000)
7) Last Window: Midnight Promise (DS): 25,000 (25,000)
8) The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS): 22,000 (489,000)
9) Wii Sports Resort (Wii): 22.000 (1,691,000)
10) Inazuma Eleven 2: Aggressive Threat - Fire/Blizzard (DS): 22,000 (1,033,000)