Video: Official trailer for GTA 5 unveiled by Rockstar
Latest insight into the world of Los Santos shows off the single-player's heist plot
Excitement continues to build before the release of the latest title in the Grand Theft Auto series, GTA 5. Out on September 17 the single player portion of the game will focus on a trio of protagonists as they carry out a series of heists.
The latest trailer released by Rockstar Games shows the relationship between the three main characters. With successfully retired criminal Michael persuaded to come out of retirement by the younger Franklin. Trevor is also revealed to be Michael's "psychotic best friend".
As well as showing clips from GTA 5's heists, the trailer features Trevor in a miniature submersible, an unknown character casually toting what looks like a gatling gun, and a fighter jet bombing cars on a bridge. In other words, if you thought the more outlandish elements of GTA 5 would be limited to the online play, then think again.
Controlling your crew
As well as releasing the new trailer, Rockstar have also announced an all new ‘Hierarchies’ system for their Social Club Crews – a clan system that will operate within GTA 5 and other titles by the developer.
Hierarchies will allow crew founders (‘Leaders’) to assign different ranks to members “designating the responsibilities of Crew management and assuring that loyalty and performance are rewarded appropriately.”
- Commissioners: The Crew’s most trusted member(s) - that essential right-hand man or woman that the Leader relies on for Vice Presidential advisement and executive action. Commissioners have the power to manage and administrate all aspects of the Crew on behalf of the Leader, including the ability to promote members internally or invite new members in.
- Lieutenants: Made members with specific privileges to keep the Crew in check and hand out promotions or demotions amongst sub-ordinate ranks. Crew Representatives and the mob of Muscle would be wise to keep their Lieutenants (and above) sweet.
- Representatives: A tier of Crew members who have shown and proved their commitment to the clique - whether with ace performance in competitive modes, or just by rocking their Crew's emblem faithfully since day one. Crew Leaders can assign these special players as Representatives who will have basic permissions to aid recruitment efforts.
- Muscle: The rank-and-file mob of Crew members who are happy to play their position of causing some havoc Online, doing their Crew's emblem justice and fighting for its good name. Muscle-level members may not have nor want any administrative power but they're often the heart and soul of what makes your Crew fearsome. Ambitious Muscle who are looking to prove themselves to the Crew Leader and rise up the ranks may even prove a threat to their Crew superiors, if any are deemed to be slacking on their responsibilities or performance.
Rockstar says that there’s no set way of using the ranking systems – crews can be strictly hierarchical or simply anarchic – and it looks like they’ll be a fantastic mechanism to really shape the feel of online play.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...