Video: Official trailer for GTA 5 unveiled by Rockstar
Latest insight into the world of Los Santos shows off the single-player's heist plot
Excitement continues to build before the release of the latest title in the Grand Theft Auto series, GTA 5. Out on September 17 the single player portion of the game will focus on a trio of protagonists as they carry out a series of heists.
The latest trailer released by Rockstar Games shows the relationship between the three main characters. With successfully retired criminal Michael persuaded to come out of retirement by the younger Franklin. Trevor is also revealed to be Michael's "psychotic best friend".
As well as showing clips from GTA 5's heists, the trailer features Trevor in a miniature submersible, an unknown character casually toting what looks like a gatling gun, and a fighter jet bombing cars on a bridge. In other words, if you thought the more outlandish elements of GTA 5 would be limited to the online play, then think again.
Controlling your crew
As well as releasing the new trailer, Rockstar have also announced an all new ‘Hierarchies’ system for their Social Club Crews – a clan system that will operate within GTA 5 and other titles by the developer.
Hierarchies will allow crew founders (‘Leaders’) to assign different ranks to members “designating the responsibilities of Crew management and assuring that loyalty and performance are rewarded appropriately.”
- Commissioners: The Crew’s most trusted member(s) - that essential right-hand man or woman that the Leader relies on for Vice Presidential advisement and executive action. Commissioners have the power to manage and administrate all aspects of the Crew on behalf of the Leader, including the ability to promote members internally or invite new members in.
- Lieutenants: Made members with specific privileges to keep the Crew in check and hand out promotions or demotions amongst sub-ordinate ranks. Crew Representatives and the mob of Muscle would be wise to keep their Lieutenants (and above) sweet.
- Representatives: A tier of Crew members who have shown and proved their commitment to the clique - whether with ace performance in competitive modes, or just by rocking their Crew's emblem faithfully since day one. Crew Leaders can assign these special players as Representatives who will have basic permissions to aid recruitment efforts.
- Muscle: The rank-and-file mob of Crew members who are happy to play their position of causing some havoc Online, doing their Crew's emblem justice and fighting for its good name. Muscle-level members may not have nor want any administrative power but they're often the heart and soul of what makes your Crew fearsome. Ambitious Muscle who are looking to prove themselves to the Crew Leader and rise up the ranks may even prove a threat to their Crew superiors, if any are deemed to be slacking on their responsibilities or performance.
Rockstar says that there’s no set way of using the ranking systems – crews can be strictly hierarchical or simply anarchic – and it looks like they’ll be a fantastic mechanism to really shape the feel of online play.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Do you get a buzz from thinking up new ideas a...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In 2014, they launched the worl...
£23958 - £29282 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the North West's leading...
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...