Video: Official trailer for GTA 5 unveiled by Rockstar
Latest insight into the world of Los Santos shows off the single-player's heist plot
Excitement continues to build before the release of the latest title in the Grand Theft Auto series, GTA 5. Out on September 17 the single player portion of the game will focus on a trio of protagonists as they carry out a series of heists.
The latest trailer released by Rockstar Games shows the relationship between the three main characters. With successfully retired criminal Michael persuaded to come out of retirement by the younger Franklin. Trevor is also revealed to be Michael's "psychotic best friend".
As well as showing clips from GTA 5's heists, the trailer features Trevor in a miniature submersible, an unknown character casually toting what looks like a gatling gun, and a fighter jet bombing cars on a bridge. In other words, if you thought the more outlandish elements of GTA 5 would be limited to the online play, then think again.
Controlling your crew
As well as releasing the new trailer, Rockstar have also announced an all new ‘Hierarchies’ system for their Social Club Crews – a clan system that will operate within GTA 5 and other titles by the developer.
Hierarchies will allow crew founders (‘Leaders’) to assign different ranks to members “designating the responsibilities of Crew management and assuring that loyalty and performance are rewarded appropriately.”
- Commissioners: The Crew’s most trusted member(s) - that essential right-hand man or woman that the Leader relies on for Vice Presidential advisement and executive action. Commissioners have the power to manage and administrate all aspects of the Crew on behalf of the Leader, including the ability to promote members internally or invite new members in.
- Lieutenants: Made members with specific privileges to keep the Crew in check and hand out promotions or demotions amongst sub-ordinate ranks. Crew Representatives and the mob of Muscle would be wise to keep their Lieutenants (and above) sweet.
- Representatives: A tier of Crew members who have shown and proved their commitment to the clique - whether with ace performance in competitive modes, or just by rocking their Crew's emblem faithfully since day one. Crew Leaders can assign these special players as Representatives who will have basic permissions to aid recruitment efforts.
- Muscle: The rank-and-file mob of Crew members who are happy to play their position of causing some havoc Online, doing their Crew's emblem justice and fighting for its good name. Muscle-level members may not have nor want any administrative power but they're often the heart and soul of what makes your Crew fearsome. Ambitious Muscle who are looking to prove themselves to the Crew Leader and rise up the ranks may even prove a threat to their Crew superiors, if any are deemed to be slacking on their responsibilities or performance.
Rockstar says that there’s no set way of using the ranking systems – crews can be strictly hierarchical or simply anarchic – and it looks like they’ll be a fantastic mechanism to really shape the feel of online play.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...