Want to get email on your mobile? Avoid Norfolk...
Thursday 09 July 2009
People living in large parts of the country cannot access 3G, new maps released by the telecoms regulator Ofcom show.
The maps represent the coverage provided by the major mobile networks, with the shaded areas indicating where it is possible for customers to gain access to the internet and email on their mobile.
While people in much of Britain have 3G access, there are still black spots in coverage in south-western England, northern England and East Anglia, as well as large areas of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But access is still better than that in comparable countries, Ofcom said.
The regulator is working on solving the problems.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Develo...