Warren Buffett's web 1.0
America's most famous investor, Warren Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, famously refused to invest in web stocks in what became the dot.com bubble. That attitude paid off for the "Sage of Omaha", but surely it's time to bring Berkshire Hathaway's archaic website out of the 20th century.
Buffett lives a famously modest life and has called the same five-bedroom house home since 1957. It appears his website was designed around the same time. It features just 15 simple links, including one to the firm's unlikely Berkshire Activewear clothing collection. There's also an ad for an insurance firm owned by Buffett. And that's about it. The Atlantic reported on Wednesday that the only change made to the site in the last 13 years is to move the links from one column to two. Maybe the next time he gives away some of his vast fortune, he could bung a web designer $50?
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Senior ...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Adobe F...