World texting champs crowned
Friday 15 January 2010
Two South Korean teenagers have been crowned fastest texters in the world.
The team of 17-year-old Bae Yeong Ho and 18-year-old Ha Mok Min went thumb-to-thumb against competitors from more than a dozen countries to win the title in a competition Thursday in New York City.
The LG Mobile World Cup challenges nimble-fingered teens on both speed and accuracy. The two-person winning team takes home a $100,000 (£61,400) prize.
Americans 16-year-old Kate Moore, of Des Moines, Iowa, and 14-year-old Morgan Dynda of Pooler, Georgia, took second place. An Argentinean team came in third and a Brazilian team took fourth.
Life & Style blogs
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 5 month Fixed Term Contract - Telecommunicati...
£26000 per annum + 25 days holiday & further benefits: Ashdown Group: Telecomm...