Next version of Android due in October or November: Eric Schmidt
Thursday 08 September 2011
The Ice Cream Sandwich release of Google’s Android operating system is set to arrive in October or November of this year according to Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt.
Schmidt let the news slip during a cloud computing conference called Dreamforce in San Francisco. While on stage Schmidt revealed, "we have a new operating system - internally known as Ice Cream Sandwich for some reason - which is being released in October or November, which everybody is very excited about."
The next version of Apple's competing iOS, iOS 5, will arrive "this Fall." Rumors suggest the OS will be launched in early October).
The entire Dreamforce Keynote speech featuring Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff and Google's Eric Schmidt can be seen on YouTube. Fast forward to 0:30:27 for the The Ice Cream Sandwich launch date announcement.
Life & Style blogs
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Web Designer is required to join a f...