PC download charts: Quakecon, Skyrim
Monday 08 August 2011
Quakecon, hosted by Id Software of
Quake fame, sees its 2011 bargain bundle go straight into Steam's download chart at number one.
The pack contained 34 games and expansions from Id and sister studio Bethesda and was available for four days only.
Bethesda's ambitious adventure Skyrim and Id's new shooter RAGE were also listed for pre-orders as Quakecon got under way.
Chart entries on Direct2Drive and Impulse are both boosted by sale prices in reaction to news of sequels and expansions: Borderlands in the wake of a Borderlands 2 announcement, and Two Worlds II prior to September's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress.
1) Quakecon Pack 2011
2) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3) E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
*Based on revenue, not units sold
1) Crysis 2
3) F.E.A.R. 3
4) Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
5) Civilization V
1) Civilization V
2) Just Cause 2
3) Metro 2033
4) ArmA 2: British Armed Forces
5) Victoria 2
1) Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity
2) Two Worlds II
3) Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution
5) Galactic Civilizations II
Good Old Games (
1) RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
2) Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete
3) Might & Magic 7
4) Might & Magic 8
5) Heroes Chronicles
Life & Style blogs
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...