PlayStation Network launches Gamers' Choice Awards
Thursday 17 February 2011
PlayStation has announced the first PlayStation Network Gamers' Choice Awards, in which the four winning games will be put on sale with a 30% discount.
The contest, which is to run February 22 until March 1, uses an unusual polling method - each time a game's free background theme is downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network Store, that constitues a vote.
Twenty titles are nominated across four categories, including Costume Quest, Joe Danger, Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, Valkyria Chronicles II, and God of War: Ghost of Sparta.
The PSN Gamers' Choice Awards allow Sony to draw attention to their online games content, as the company prepares to launch the Xperia Play mobile phone and a new handheld console later this year.
Microsoft and Nintendo both run their own online stores, with the Xbox 360's Arcade and Indie channels noted for their wide variety of titles, and Apple's iTunes store is well known for its low barriers to entry in terms of cost to both developers and consumers.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...