PlayStation Network shooting for May 31 restoration
Monday 09 May 2011
Sony are planning to restore full service to the PlayStation Network by the end of May, according to a corporate representative speaking with news organisation Bloomberg.
The Network, which supports online gaming for PlayStation 3 and PSP users, was shut off on April 20 after a security breach was discovered.
A partial restoration had been due by May 8, but did not materialize in time due to complications encountered during the Network rebuild.
Sony PlayStation are to offer users one month's free use of the PlayStation Plus subscription services as part of their 'Welcome Back' scheme, along with identity theft protection programmes.
Life & Style blogs
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 5 month Fixed Term Contract - Telecommunicati...
£26000 per annum + 25 days holiday & further benefits: Ashdown Group: Telecomm...