PlayStation Network shooting for May 31 restoration
Monday 09 May 2011
Sony are planning to restore full service to the PlayStation Network by the end of May, according to a corporate representative speaking with news organisation Bloomberg.
The Network, which supports online gaming for PlayStation 3 and PSP users, was shut off on April 20 after a security breach was discovered.
A partial restoration had been due by May 8, but did not materialize in time due to complications encountered during the Network rebuild.
Sony PlayStation are to offer users one month's free use of the PlayStation Plus subscription services as part of their 'Welcome Back' scheme, along with identity theft protection programmes.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...