Review round-up: 'Joe Danger' (PlayStation 3)
Friday 02 July 2010
A simple left-to-right motorcycle stunt racer made by a four-man team,
Joe Danger was built on PC but makes its debut on the PlayStation Network Store. The titular stuntman is on a comeback tour, pulling off daredevil tricks and collecting coins across 50 levels full of joyful characterization and smiling scenery. The game also has local multiplayer and a course creator mode.
Platform: PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Network download)
Release: North America, June 8. Europe, June 9.
Age rating: Everybody / 3+
AllAboutTheGames: 5/5 "A superb launch title"
IGN: 9.5/10 "Great, great fun"
AV Club: A- "Bursting at the seams"
Destructoid: 9/10 "I can't hear you over all the fun I'm having"
Game Informer: 9/10 "Accessible to all players"
Kombo: 9/10 "So easy to pick up and play"
The Escapist: 4/5 "A real treat to play"
Eurogamer: 8/10 "It's easy to have fun within seconds"
GameReactor DK: 8/10 "Insanely good value entertainment"
GameStyle: 8/10 "Vivid, frantic and addictive"
Price: $14.99 / €12.99 / £9.99
Life & Style blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Develo...