Rihanna - latest star with over 40 million friends
Wednesday 13 July 2011
On July 11 pop star Rihanna became the latest celebrity to join the elite group of people on Facebook with over 40 million fans.
Data from social media monitoring site Famecount shows that the Barbados-born Rihanna passed the 40 million Facebook fan mark on July 11.
The only other celebrities to have over 40 million fans on the social networking site are Lady Gaga with 40,287,493 and rapper Eminem, who with 42,944,000 Facebook fans is the most 'liked' person living or dead on Facebook. Even the King of Pop Michael Jackson falls just below the 40 million mark with 37,793,000 fans.
As of July 12, Rihanna had 40,282,787 Facebook fans.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# WPF Developer (WinF...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: QA Tester Automation R...