Rihanna - latest star with over 40 million friends
Wednesday 13 July 2011
On July 11 pop star Rihanna became the latest celebrity to join the elite group of people on Facebook with over 40 million fans.
Data from social media monitoring site Famecount shows that the Barbados-born Rihanna passed the 40 million Facebook fan mark on July 11.
The only other celebrities to have over 40 million fans on the social networking site are Lady Gaga with 40,287,493 and rapper Eminem, who with 42,944,000 Facebook fans is the most 'liked' person living or dead on Facebook. Even the King of Pop Michael Jackson falls just below the 40 million mark with 37,793,000 fans.
As of July 12, Rihanna had 40,282,787 Facebook fans.
Life & Style blogs
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Managed IT Services Provid...
£20000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist high tech compa...
£12000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: New Full-time, Part-time and Fr...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced creative web and...