Samsung boasts 3 million pre-orders for its Galaxy S II smartphone
Local and international pre-orders for Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S II smartphone hit the 3 million milestone at the end of April.
"There are quite a few demands in some countries to ask for preferred orders for the supply of Galaxy S II," said officials from the Korean-based electronic manufacturer in a May 8 statement.
Limited supplies of the device started to arrive in selected countries in Europe and Asia in early May.
Samsung is confident that shipments of its Android-based flagship smartphone will reach a target of 10 million sales globally.
"We will do our utmost best to ensure that all the global demands should be met as quickly as possible," said Samsung.
In Korea, pre-orders for the smartphone reportedly exceeded those for Apple's iPhone 4.
According to technology website Electronista, Samsung sold around 200,000 pre-orders leading up to the Galaxy S II Korean launch while pre-orders for the iPhone 4 in Korea totalled around 110,000.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Risk Manager - Birmingham - £350-...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Connex Education: Connex Education are l...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Lead Solutions Architect - Edinburgh - Bank - Up ...