StumbleUpon -- 5 websites rising in popularity: Computers
Sunday 04 October 2009
A look at websites rising in popularity this week on StumbleUpon in the Computers category, recorded on October 2.
This week's selection includes an image of the back of an Apple MacBook with graphics showing Snow White helping herself to the Apple logo, an article about a UK jail that asked a convicted computer hacker and inmate to design a program for their prison (the hacker was left unsupervised and shut down the jail's entire computer network), a webpage that explains how to cut a key from an angled photo, a website that lets you create your own video-sound work and a website that shows a collection of images with a retro-futuristic space theme.
1. Snow White's revenge = coolest MacBook mod yet | 9 to 5 Mac
2. Jail chaos as lag hacker is left in charge of computer system - mirror...
3. HOWTO reproduce a key from a distant, angled photo - Boing Boing
4. audiogravity-18th-september-2k9 - MultiURL
5. Amazing Retro-Futuristic Space Collection | Abduzeedo | Graphic Design...
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...