StumbleUpon -- 5 websites rising in popularity: Computers
Sunday 04 October 2009
A look at websites rising in popularity this week on StumbleUpon in the Computers category, recorded on October 2.
This week's selection includes an image of the back of an Apple MacBook with graphics showing Snow White helping herself to the Apple logo, an article about a UK jail that asked a convicted computer hacker and inmate to design a program for their prison (the hacker was left unsupervised and shut down the jail's entire computer network), a webpage that explains how to cut a key from an angled photo, a website that lets you create your own video-sound work and a website that shows a collection of images with a retro-futuristic space theme.
1. Snow White's revenge = coolest MacBook mod yet | 9 to 5 Mac
2. Jail chaos as lag hacker is left in charge of computer system - mirror...
3. HOWTO reproduce a key from a distant, angled photo - Boing Boing
4. audiogravity-18th-september-2k9 - MultiURL
5. Amazing Retro-Futuristic Space Collection | Abduzeedo | Graphic Design...
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate BI Consultant (B...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager (Product Ma...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Cloud Product and Solutions Marketin...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...